The Board of the Van Beek – Donner Foundation consists of 6 members. Secretariaten aan de Maas lends administrative support to the Board Members. The Board assesses all individual applications and actively participates in Rotterdam’s society. The foundation has excellent relations with other initiatives, foundations and funds in both Rotterdam and elsewhere in the country, and with the deans of the various educational institutions.
Board Members do not receive any financial compensation for their work. This allows the full yield on the capital to be used for the girls and women applying for the foundation’s support.
- The Van Beek – Donner Foundation is certified as a so called ANBI (Public Benefit Organisation). This means donations are exempt of taxation and may be tax-deductible for income tax
- The foundation is a member of the Funds Association in the Netherlands (FIN)
- The foundation is a financial contributor to the Special Needs Fund in Rotterdam, and one of the Board Members is also a member of the Fund’s Executive Committee
- The Board Members participate in the Rotterdam Funds Meeting
- The foundation annually facilitates the Grada van Beek – Donner stage on the Day of Romantic Music in the Park and Rotterdam
- The foundation annually allocates 4 Grada van Beek – Donner scholarships to students at Piet Zwart Institute and Codarts.